Talking to your parents about finances is difficult. We’re here to help! Here are some tips to explain Wingocard to your parents.
These tips have been vetted by parents at Wingocard to make sure they address concerns your parents may have.
As a teenager, it’s important to get a head start on learning how to manage your money. Wingocard is a great environment to give you your own financial independence, while allowing your parents to help you out when you need it.
When you bring up Wingocard, you can start by focusing on your desire to learn about managing your own money. Take some time to look at our website with your parents as well!
Why should you have your own debit card?
- You won’t have to rely on your parent’s credit card every time you want to buy something online.
- You won’t be dependent on just the cash you carry. Your parents could also send you money from the app if they need you to pick up something from the grocery store.
- Some degree of added safety:
- You won’t need to carry cash when you go out
- Your parents can send you money instantly if you ever have an emergency
- Talk to them about budgeting and the importance of learning how to manage your money before you become an adult. The first step is being able to keep track of your spending, which the Wingocard app will support you with.
- Wingocard is purpose-built to help teens learn good money habits and provides features specifically for teens and parents.
- Wingocard doesn’t charge a monthly or annual fee. We don’t charge families to use the app, send money, or for purchases in the United States.
- Wingocard is 100% safe:
- Your money is FDIC insured. This is a federal agency that supervises financial institutions and insures deposits.
- You are protected by Visa's Zero Liability Policy. This means you won't be held accountable if your card is lost, stolen, or used fraudulently.
- Wingocard monitors accounts for fraud 24/7.
Take a few minutes to look through our website and our Help Center to answer any questions you might have or can anticipate your parents asking. You can also go through the Help Center together with your parents.
We want to help. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you or your parents have any questions about Wingocard! Contact us at email@example.com with your question!