How old do I have to be to sign up?
- Wingocard is available for teenagers between 13 and 18 years old.
Why do I need to invite a parent as a sponsor?
- If you are under 18, you will need a parent or a legal guardian to help finalize your Teen Account and fully activate it.
How is a virtual card different from a physical one?
- A virtual card is a digital version of your physical card (coming soon). It serves the same purpose as your physical card, but we can issue you a virtual card instantly instead of waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Read more here.
Where can I shop with my Wingocard?
- You can use your Wingocard anywhere Visa is accepted in the world, including when shopping online. Visa is one of the biggest card networks in the world and we partner with them. For your protection, Wingocard is blocked from use in some countries and with some merchant. You can find out more by checking out: Blocked countries & Blocked merchants
How long does it take to receive money from my parent or sponsor?
- Instantly! You will see the money on your account as soon as your parent or sponsor makes the transfer.
How can I sponsor my teen on Wingocard?
- Once you create your account using the Wingocard app, you can send an invite to your teen. Alternatively, your teen can also send you an invite if they've already opened an account. Check out How can I link my teen's account to mine? for more information.
Is Wingocard a debit or a credit product?
- Wingocard is a Prepaid Visa* debit card, which means that your teen can only spend the money that's deposited by you and transferred to their Wingocard account, and no more than that. There are no overdrafts. For more information, check out What is Wingocard?
Are there any fees to use the app?
- We don't have fees to use the app, send money, or when you use your card for domestic purchases. However, you may see a few fees from time to time. You can read more about those here. We're on a mission to help teens become financially savvy and strongly believe that all teens should have access to a free account. We plan to roll out Premium features for a small cost soon that you can opt into, for an upgraded experience. More to come on this...
How do you guarantee my funds are secure?
- Your Wingocard account is insured through our issuing bank, Community Federal Savings Bank (CFSB). Each parent and respective teen accounts are collectively covered up to $250,000. For more info, check out Is Wingocard FDIC insured? We also take a number of measures to make sure that your information is safe and transferred securely between you and your teen. More information here.
What information do I need to provide to sign up?
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
*Wingocard is issued by Community Federal Savings Bank, member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.